As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Premier Client Manager II:
- Manages a portfolio of Mass Affluent customers with responsibility to deepen, retain, and improve the profitability of these relationships
- Actively engages in outbound calling from a lead list. Leverages other lead sources to supplement weekly outreach efforts.
- Conducts customer appointments and engages in customer conversations following a prescribed sales process designed to effectively uncover customer needs and provide relevant customer solutions.
- Reviews customer needs to pro-actively recommend and sell products or services to the customer and responds to all customer service inquiries and concerns to provide solutions.
- Cross-sells all of Santander’s products & services including Deposit, Credit, Investment and Insurance products through outreach and appointment banking.
- Actively engages in customer outreach efforts focused on acquiring new Mass Affluent customers. Outreach efforts will include but not limited to lead lists, internal and external referrals, prospecting, and referrals from centers-of-influence.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners to increase cross-sell opportunities and achieve sales goals
- Education: Bachelors or Equivalent
- License/Certificates: Series 6, 63, and Life and Health
- Experience – Between 1 and 3 Years
- At least 1 to 3 Years experience in banking/financial services.
- Minimum 2 years sales and portfolio/relationship management experience.
- Ability to build and execute successful sales plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and services for core banking
- Excellent sales, prospecting, customer service and portfolio management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and influence skills.
- Experience conducting consultative conversations in person and on the phone with proven close rates through a needs-based sales approach.
- Exudes a credible, trustworthy, and professional image at all times.
- Has a proven track record of acquiring and retaining Mass Affluent customer relationships by providing relevant solutions to meet customer needs.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.