As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Wholesale Mortgage Operations Specialist is a non-exempt position whereby the team member is responsible for providing operational support for the processing mortgage applications generated through the Wholesale Mortgage Division. Loan applications are originated by Santander’s approved third party originator (TPO) customers and submitted to Santander for processing, underwriting (completed by Risk) and closing. The Specialist is responsible for loan registration, compliance, fraud prevention, file processing, closing and correspondent loan delivery.
- The position requires satisfactory completion of some or all of the key duties listed below.
- The job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related roles as negotiated to meet the operational needs of the business and meet department SLAs.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander;
- Completion of at least nine months in current position; and
- Be in “Good Standing”.
Please click here to see the full policy – http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf
- Mandates a Customer Service Hotline for all approved Third Party Originators assisting in technical support, product/pricing questions or status updates.
- Process and validating change of circumstance requests while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Intake and process of Loan Estimates to consumers.
- Contact assigned Closing agents to initiate the Initial Closing Disclosure process to Consumer
- At least 1-2 year mortgage experience specific to job description.