As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Wholesale Mortgage Operations Specialist is a non-exempt position whereby the team member is responsible for providing operational support for the processing mortgage applications generated through the Wholesale Mortgage Division. Loan applications are originated by Santanders approved third party originator (TPO) customers and submitted to Santander for processing, underwriting (completed by Risk) and closing. The Specialist is responsible for loan registration, compliance, fraud prevention, file processing, closing and correspondent loan delivery.
- The position requires satisfactory completion of some or all of the key duties listed below.
- The job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related roles as negotiated to meet the operational needs of the business and meet department SLAs.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander;
- Completion of at least nine months in current position; and
- Be in “Good Standing”.
Please click here to see the full policy – http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf
- Review, print and assign all new loan submissions to processor and underwriter.
- Ensure each new file contains all required documents for underwriting.
- Process and disclose all applicable disclosures required at receipt of new file
- Complete all pre-underwriting duties such as ordering flood certificates, NMLS verification and initial DRIVE report.
- Monitor SLA reports to ensure department is following proper policy and time requirements.
- At least 1-2 year mortgage experience specific to job description.