Description of Citi
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Description of Citi Personal Wealth Management
Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) provides financial planning and wealth management services via our Citibank branch-based advisors and centralized service centers. CPWM will lead efforts to dramatically expand our personal wealth management capabilities and provide customers with simple, transparent solutions. The goal for CPWM is to lead the industry in client-centric investments.
The CPWM Wealth Planning Specialist (WPS) will report to the SVP, National Wealth Planning & Insurance Distribution – who manages the Wealth Planning Specialists and Insurance Planning Specialists – and will work under the Sales Group organization. This position will partner closely with the Citi Financial Advisors (FAs) and field management in the NYC/metro area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with FAs to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects by focusing on delivering quality financial plans that meet individual client’s needs.
- Educate FAs on financial planning concepts, prepare customized plans for high net worth clients and be available to accompany FAs to deliver planning solutions in client meetings.
- Act as a subject matter expert in these planning areas and travel to branches when required. Travel is typically limited to regional day trips.
- Work extensively with NaviPlan and Money Guide Pro financial planning software to implement plans.
- Collaborate with CPWM Regional Insurance Specialists and Investment Specialists to offer complete advice and wealth solutions to our clients.
- Balance requests from different FAs across the Region and actively monitor the queue of outstanding financial plans and planning meetings.
- Present planning concepts like estate planning, charitable giving, multigenerational planning and tax-wise investing at client events hosted by the FAs and the Region.
- Responsible for meeting financial planning volume goals in the region, gathering assets and driving revenue through products and services at Citi.
- 5 – 8 years of financial planning and/or estate planning experience required
- CFP, CPA or JD/LL.M. designations preferred
- Familiarity with NaviPlan and Money Guide Pro planning software preferred
- Broad understanding of financial services, investments, and all aspects of planning strategies and concepts
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Client-centric skills including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Service oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing appointments on calendar
- Must be able to communicate technical or complex concepts understandably
- Able to work autonomously and operate cohesively in a team environment
- Proven strong public speaking skills
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 and Life & Health Insurance licenses required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Regional travel 75%