Description of Citi
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Description of Citi Personal Wealth Management
Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) provides financial planning and wealth management services via our Citibank branch-based advisors and centralized service centers. CPWM will lead efforts to dramatically expand our personal wealth management capabilities and provide customers with simple, transparent solutions. The goal for CPWM is to lead the industry in client-centric investments.
The CPWM Regional Insurance Specialist (RIS) will report to the Portfolio Consulting Group Manager – who manages the Wealth Planning Specialists and Regional Insurance Specialists – and will work under the Sales Group organization. This position will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager in the Florida region and support the Citi Financial Advisors (FAs) in the region.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with FAs in region to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects by focusing on delivering quality insurance solutions that meet individual client’s needs.
- Educate FAs on insurance solutions, create customized insurance proposals for high net worth clients and be available to accompany FAs to deliver insurance solutions in client meetings.
- Collaborate with CPWM Wealth Planning Specialists to offer complete advice and wealth solutions to clients.
- Leverage insurance carrier specialists and wholesalers to provide subject matter expertise where appropriate and present or co-present at client events.
- Act as a subject matter expert in region on insurance products and planning concepts.
- Be a student of the industry and constantly learn about new insurance products, industry trends, regulatory requirements, tax law changes, etc.
- Work together with insurance product support team to provide case management and design support.
- Provide a high level of communication and customer service to FAs and their clients.
- Balance requests from different FAs across the region and actively monitor the queue of outstanding insurance cases and client meeting calendar.
- Speak at client events on insurance planning topics like: income replacement, estate planning, charitable giving, supplemental retirement income, buy sell agreements, key person insurance, asset repositioning strategies, etc. at client events hosted by FAs and the Region.
Responsible for travel to branches to meet with advisors and their clients. Expect up to 75% travel, although it will typically be limited to regional day trips.
- Accountable for regional insurance revenue goals and penetration goals.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in life insurance sales required
- CFP, CLU/ChFC or JD/LL.M. designations a plus
- B-lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Expertise in managing a sales territory
- Broad understanding of financial services, insurance solutions and all aspects of planning strategies and concepts
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Client-centric skills including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Familiarity with NaviPlan and Money Guide Pro planning software a plus to help advisors implement plans with insurance solutions
- Service oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing appointments on calendar
- Must be able to communicate technical or complex concepts understandably
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.
Primary Location: NAM-USA-FL-Miami
Job Category: Consumer Sales
Education Level: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time