Responsible for the sales, service and retention of SME deposit and credit customers with revenue $3mm-$25mm. Incumbents are responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of customers. Requires some supervision and guidance from more senior Relationship Managers or Business Banking Market Managers in the management and development of customer accounts
- Participates in joint calls with business partners (i.e. Cash Management, Merchant & Payroll representatives) to develop customer relationships and support specific product sales across business lines.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Represents business banking in civic and community functions to further enhance Santander’s image and develop expanded business.
- Works with internal and external auditors and corporate compliance to ensure conformity with bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulations. Identifies evaluates, structures and documents credit transactions to ensure maximum profitability with reasonable risk.
- Monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and take action as appropriate.
- Acts as primary contact for new business development that focuses on the acquisition of profitable customers.
- Builds and develops customer relationships to position Santander as the bank of choice.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services to existing customers.
- Develop a targeted COI (center of influence) list and have a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business in support of goals
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience in lending.
- At least 7 Years demonstrated solid sales, presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan collection activities.
- Learning to work independently and to leverage professional relationships within and outside the bank.
- Solid knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit), Santander Banks Credit Policy and Procedures, competitor product lines, commercial compliance regulations.